|Job title:||Registered Nurse - Mental Health (Community)|
|Salary||FT: $64,000 to $107,000. Casual: $32-$60 per hour|
- Community Mental Health, Drug and alcohol
- Freedom to choose when and how much you want to work
- Positions available in South East Sydney
- Decide your work-life balance by letting us know how much and when YOU want to work.
- Enjoy the extra money with attractive agency pay rates
- Have confidence you’re being offered the best available shifts by working with a long-standing and well-established nursing agency
- Block Bookings available if you are looking for a steady and consistent workload
- Have the opportunity to further your career by training and working in specialised fields
- Extensive training and development opportunities to advance your nursing career
- A strong support base with our friendly and experienced admin staff providing you with assistance
- Great referral bonuses available
- Full-time Base salary of $64,000 to $107,000 depending on experience and area of specialty.
- Casual Base hourly pay rate of $32-$60 depending on experience and area of specialty. Part-Time or Full-Time equivalent hours available.
Work with many different types of mental illnesses including psychosis, eating disorders, depression, bi-polar and with people experiencing emotional distress in the community setting
- Assess and observe mentally unwell patients
- Assist and encourage patients to participate in activities
- Administer medication and observe its effects
- Assist in mental health programs
- Conduct Mental Health Assessments
- Support patients and their families
- Reassure, listen and empathise with patients
- Combat stigma against mental illness
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals
- Monitor, record and report symptoms or changes in patient’s conditions
- Maintain accurate patient records
- Provide Education to families and patients
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for the patient
- Discharge and Admit Patients
- Supervise, coordinate and work in consultation with other health care members
- Minimum 1-year recent clinical experience*
- Experience working with mentally unwell people**
- Work rights in Australia
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Current Criminal Record Check (can easily be applied for)
- Current Working with Children Check (can easily be applied for)
- Full immunisation history
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High levels of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work well independently or in a team
- Commitment to quality patient care
- Resilience and stamina
- A resume to send with your application
**If you are interested in specialising in Mental Health but currently have no experience, please contact the Australian Healthcare Academy on 1300 953 276 for Mental Health training opportunities.
- Randwick, 2031
- Select “Apply"
Network Nursing Agency – Who we are
Established in 1997 – Network Nursing Agency specialises in supplying Registered Nurses to General Wards, Intensive Care Units, Mental Health, Theatres, Aged Care, and Palliative Care to Private and Public Hospital. We also offer Nurses, AINs, and Carers to Hospitals, Aged Care Homes and Private Clients in their homes. Network Nursing Agency is one of the largest suppliers of facilitators to Universities throughout Australia.
Network Nursing Agency promotes a respectful and supportive environment for all our staff. We recognise our amazing staff have helped us become the successful nursing agency we are today. NNA consistently works towards maintaining a culture of inclusiveness that encourages and supports all people to achieve their best. We believe having a diversity of office staff and nurses contributes to us providing the best quality care for all patients in every healthcare setting.
If you would like to learn more about Network Nursing Agency, we encourage you to visit our website, https://www.nursing-agency.com.au/.
Additional Keywords: RN, Nurses, Staff Nurse, Staff Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse, Psychiatric Nurse, Psychopaedic Nurse, Child and Adolescence Mental Health, D&A, EDU, MDU, Psych, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Psychogeriatric Care, Rehab